Friday, December 13, 2013

LUSH Bath Bomb Reviews

If you haven't tried LUSH's Bath bombs yet, you need to get on it ASAP! The bath bombs are usually the first thing people try when they go into the store, but they were actually one of the last things I was interested in (shame on me).  After going nuts with skincare and hair products, I finally decided to try a bath bomb, and it was a slippery slope after my first experience. I want to try every bath bomb EVER. These things are SO cool, it's like a giant alka-seltzer for your tub. I've only tried four so far, but I'm planning on grabbing some more in my next LUSH haul. The bombs I've tried are in order according to my most favorite and least favorite (even though they were all amazing). 

#4 BOMBARDINO
Bombardino is a holiday bomb from LUSH which means it's only available for a limited time! This guy is super cute and smells like fresh whipped cream (seriously amaaazing scent when it's still solid). This bomb scent is inspired by a hot drink served in the Italian Alps. Its made with Sicilian lemon oil and absolute along with bits of cocoa butter that moisturize your skin. 

When you drop it in the tub....

You feel like you're literally soaking in a cocktail. Now I don't drink much, so this wasn't my favorite scent once it was in the tub. I liked the way the bomb smelled better BEFORE I dropped it in, but I have a weird thing with alcohol, so I'm sure you'll like it more than me :) This bomb fizzed a lot and turned the bathwater golden yellow once it was done. Not really the prettiest water..my boyfriend asked me if I peed in the tub when he saw it, but forget him...he's an ass. Still, this bomb is very nice.


#3 SEX BOMB
Sexbomb is a pretty little bath bomb made with jasmine, sage, soya milk, and ylang ylang. This bomb is known from the ylang ylang -an aphrodisiac, which is where the bomb gets its name. Jasmine is my favorite scent so I adored the way this smelled.

When you drop it in the tub...


Sex Bomb turns your water a beautiful light pink, smells awesome AND the little flower in the middle of the bomb expands & floats around your tub. This bomb fizzes up quickly, and eventually the petals break off of the flower and continue to float while you soak. So relaxing! You skin also feels great after this thanks to the soya milk, and your skin smells like jasmine. I loved the smell of this before and after it fizzed.  I definitely recommend this one, and it's not a holiday bomb (thank god) so it's always available, assuming they haven't sold out of their current stock!

#2 LUXURY LUSH PUD
LOOOVE this one! One of my LUSH girls recommended this to me in the store (thanks Sheree!), & she was spot on with her description/ positive opinion of it. The Luxury Pud is also a holiday bomb, if you couldn't already tell by the holly design in the middle of it. It's made with lavender oil, benzoin and tonka absolute. It smells great and the bomb itself is so adorable. Plus the little polka dot colors do something reallllly cool once it fizzes up...

When you drop it in the tub...

It fizzes quickly and turns your tub purple, pink, and blue hues. As promised- the polka dots stick around after the fizz is gone. They float around the tub and just look amazing. It seriously is so pretty, my mom was here when I dropped this one in and she was literally screeching because of how cool it looked (" WHATS IT DOING!?! WHAT IS THAT?! ITS MAGIC!"). This bomb is what really got me hooked on LUSH's bath bombs, you CANNOT find something this great for your bath time routine anywhere else. The luxury Pud is a bomb you need to try if you're just getting into the bombs, I guarantee you'll love it.. and you might even flip out about it like my crazy mother did :)

#1 SHOOT FOR THE STARS


Okay so It was so hard choosing my #1 between this or the Luxury Pud...but I finally decided on this one. Shoot For The Stars is another holiday bomb, and thats seriously a damn shame because I would be buying this all year round! This bomb is scented like my personal favorite Honey I Washed The Kids soap. Incase you didn't read my soap review, Honey I Washed The Kids basically smells like a mixture of toffee, honey, and creme brulee. It is FANTASTIC. This bomb also has some shimmer in it to make your tub/ your skin look even prettier.

When you drop it in the tub...

It looks like your bathwater is a galaxy, you can clearly see where the name comes from. This bomb doesn't fizz as fast as the rest, it kind of froths and floats around. However, since it froths, the colors seep out slowly so you will get some really nice color combos/ swirls in your tub along with the shimmer I mentioned above. I wanted to soak in this bomb FOREVER! Plus, you smell like Honey I Washed The Kids once you're out of the tub. This is definitely another must have along with the Luxury Pud.



All Pictures in this post are my personal photos from my Instagram account. Ig name: @_jessakay

2 comments:

  1. I wish I'd had a chance to try Shooting for the stars.

    lushobsessed.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taylor-
      Maybe they'll bring it back next holiday season! I'm sure theres other bombs that are just as cool. I haven't reviewed one in awhile, I'll have to step up my bathbomb game :). PS love your blog!

      Delete

Pageviews