Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Lush Aqua Marina Review



7/20 Lush Haul

I decided to step out of my regular cleanser (again), mainly because they were out of Let The Good Times Roll and Ultrabland the day I went to the store. Once again, I'm sooo glad I tried something new (thanks to the girls at Lush Walden Galleria!). I know I say this all the time, but I really think this is my new favorite cleanser! Aqua Marina has been working wonders for my skin, and it's only been three days! The calamine and kaolin in this product cleanse the skin, while aloe vera moisturizes. I also really love the seaweed (irish moss gel) mixed in, it's a really unique ingredient and its packed with vitamins and minerals. There's supposedly salt thrown in to exfoliate, but I didn't feel any exfoliation while using it. I didn't know about the salt when I purchased my jar of Aqua Marina so I wasn't even expecting exfoliation to begin with. One of the girls at Lush warned me that many people do NOT like the smell of this product when it's in the jar due to the seaweed. It really doesn't bother me at all, but I do think it smells different in the jar than it does on your face. The smell of baby powder is a good comparison to Aqua Marina, especially when scrubbing it on your skin. When in the jar you can still smell the baby powder, its just not as strong due to the seaweed.



What It Does:
Cleanses skin while hydrating and restoring skin cells.

How To Use It:
Pinch off a small amount of Aqua Marina and mix with water in your hand until you've reached desired consistency. Spread the mixture on your face and massage in. Rinse off with warm water or wipe off with a warm damp washcloth. This can also be used on your body if you wish to do so.

Tips & Tricks:
I've found that I prefer to only mix a little bit of water with the product in my hand- I keep it a little thick and then smudge some on my forehead, chin, and cheeks. From there I add water and spread it evenly over my face. I also like to refrigerate this product. You don't have to, I've stated many times that I refrigerate almost everything I buy at Lush simply because I like the way the products feel on my face/body when cold. DO NOT let the seaweed scare you away! This product really does smell great and seaweed  is so good for your skin, I highly recommend you at least get a sample and try it out.

All Pictures in this post are my personal photos from my Instagram account. Ig name: @_jessakay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews