Monday, November 25, 2013

LUSH Skincare Top Picks

So for my first post I figured I would talk about what got me so obsessed with Lush in the first place- My "holy grail" skincare items. This is my skincare routine I use every night, and all of these are rated 5 stars in my book. I have somewhat normal skin with an oily t-zone. I had been breaking out badly in that area and this stuff turned my face around after one week of use-ONE WEEEEK guys! I've tried almost all of the "high end" products out there and none of them ever did the trick, so trust me these are definitely worth checking out. The products are in order of how I use them. My nightly routine is Ultrabland, Cosmetic Warrior, Tea Tree Water, and Full of Grace. In the morning I use Tea Tree Water and Full of Grace. Enjoy!

 Ultra Bland
*****
UltraBland is a cleanser- sort of like a cold cream and is ahhhmazing. It's suitable for all skintypes. It's a thick cream made of essential oils, honey, beeswax, rosewater, and iris flower extract. It really does get EVERYTHING off of your face, including stubborn eye makeup.
What It Does:
Pulls all of the oil, dirt and makeup off of your face, leaving it sooo smooth and fresh!
How To Use:
UltraBland can be applied right on you face- with makeup on and all. This seems weird, but trust me, it works! Massage the ultraBland into your face after application. After you have massaged it in all you do is remove it with a wet wash cloth or cotton ball and ta daaa! Cleanest face ever!
Tips&Tricks:
You don't have to, but I like to keep my UltraBland in the fridge, I like the consistency better and the coolness feels so good on my face. I also recommend using a wet wash cloth with warm water instead of a cotton ball. You will literally end up using about 7 cotton balls to get it all off, and the wash cloth just feels better on your face. I gave this 5 stars because I have never had a cleanser work so well on my face without any breakouts or drying afterward. I love everything about it, and the fact that it removes my eye makeup so easily too is a huge plus!


Cosmetic Warrior

*****
Cosmetic Warrior is one of Lush's many spectacular fresh face masks.  It's for breakout prone skin & it really does the job pretty quickly. This mask has many acne fighting ingredients, such as kaolin, fresh garlic, fresh green grapes, egg whites, honey and tea tree oil. Warning: it smells a little funky (but its worth it!)
What It Does:
This mask fights breakouts while it smooths and tightens pores, in my opinion a miracle worker!
How To Use:
After cleansing your face (UltraBland), dry your face and rub this on. You can use a little and spread it out as much as possible, but since lush's masks expire quicker than their other products, and I like my masks this, I use quite a bit. I coat my face with about two scoops with my fingers. Leave the mask on for 10 minutes, then wash it off.....and stare at your beauutiful skin.
Tips&Tricks:
Okay first of all, I have to say it again...some of you may not like the smell of this mask...at ALL. Personally it doesn't bother me one bit, but I've read some rants online about the smell. This is a fresh mask with eggs and garlic in it so don't expect it to smell like strawberries, people! Also, don't let the mask dry all the way...I know its tempting, but don't! 10 minutes is plenty of time for it to be on your face! Even if the smell DID bother me I still would have given this mask 5 stars. My face is glowing after this mask and it totally dries out any zits. I use it every night but you don't have to, every other night or a couple times a week is fine.
*As with all of Lush's face masks...Don't forget you need to refrigerate this!

Tea Tree Water
*****

Lush's Tea tree water is a toner water that brightens and freshens your skin after just a few spritzes. This toner water is made with antibacterial tea tree, juniperberry, and grapefruit. It fights blemishes and just makes your face feel so much cleaner after use.
What It Does:
Fights blemishes and clears excess oil for your skin, but doesn't dry you out in the process.
How To Use:
After cleansing, spray this on and wipe off with a cotton ball. If you want it to tighten your pores let it air dry.
Tips&Tricks:
I don't really have any tips for this one, it's pretty straight forward! Just spray it on and wipe off, you'll see on the cotton ball that it removes excess dirt and oil that you didn't even know what there! I like to use this after Cosmetic Warrior to make sure I got everything off of my face. Your face feels like it's breathing after use- I love this stuff! I use it in the morning when I wake up and at night after my mask. I gave it 5 stars because it really delivers, like all of my other top skincare picks. You can feel and see a difference in your face!

Full of Grace
*****
Oh how I looove this little bar! It may look like soap but Full of grace is actually a moisturizer, and a good one! It's made of tropical butters, chamomile and portobello mushrooms! Yes, MUSHROOMS. I know that looks really strange, but mushrooms are actually great for your skin. It smells fresh and works wonders for your face.
What It Does:
Moisturizes and soothes your skin while maintaining skin elasticity. 
How To Use:
I use this after wiping off my toner water. Simply take the bar and rub it on your face, the bar will melt on your face due to your body temp. 
Tips&Tricks:
I prefer to keep Full of Grace in the refrigerator, I like the feel of it when its cold and I don't have to worry about it accidentally melting. I recommend that you get a tin to keep it in, and when you're rubbing it on a little goes a long way! One bar should last you about 3 months (depending on how much you use it). I use this morning and night. I gave it 5 stars because it makes my face look healthy & renewed.....and because its just freakin awesome :)


Agree or Disagree on my top picks? I'd love to know your Lush skin routines! 
xo Jessa

** All Images in this post are from LUSH, they are NOT my images! To see more product pictures, check out the LUSH website!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews