Thursday, December 19, 2013

LUSH Curly Wurly Review




*****

I have been so in love with LUSH's shampoo bars, that I really didn't even give any of their other shampoo products a second glance. However, last time I was in LUSH, I had no idea what to get. I'd just been there for black Friday the week before, and I had already bought everything I had my eye on. So I wandered around for a little while until Curly Wurly popped out at me. I have curly hair and I'm somewhat neglectful to it. I've spent so many years straightening it that a lot of my curl has gone away :( . This product is advertised as restoring your curls, and mine definitely needed a little TLC, so I went for it.


Aaaand I am really glad I did it! This shampoo is paraben free & was an excellent moisturizer for my hair. Curly Wurly has a knockout ingredient list including creamed coconut, coconut oil, and mashed avocado butter. If you haven't read about all of the uses for virgin coconut oil, you need to! I've been a solid believer in coconut oil's effects for a looong time, so when I saw that this shampoo was full of coconut goodness it totally sold me on the product.  

What it does:
Curly Wurly moisturizes hair while calming frizz and restoring natural curls.

How To Use It:
This shampoo is in a tub. Its sort of a liquid, but its really thick. The thickness comes from the coconut oil, it makes it much easier to get out of the tub with your fingers. I just take two fingers and scoop out as needed. You can start to lather it in your hands, or just sludge it on your hair and lather. After rinsing, condition like you regularly would. The pic below can give you an idea of the thickness, and you can also see the actual coconut flakes in the shampoo.

Tips & Tricks:
One thing I can tell you about this shampoo is that you need to spend some time rinsing it out to make sure you get all of the coconut flakes out. I also like to let this sit in my hair for a little bit instead of rinsing it right out.  After I use this shampoo I don't use a conditioning treatment like I normally would after using the shampoo bars. You get a lot of moisturizing from this, so additional moisturizing treatments aren't needed, they may make your hair look greasy. I adore this shampoo, but I don't use it every night. I usually switch it up between this and Jumping Juniper or Godiva. I gave Curly Wurly 5 stars because it does exactly what it says it does. My hair feels great afterwards, and I love the ingredients in it.


All Pictures in this post are my personal photos from my Instagram account. Ig name: @_jessakay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews