Friday, November 21, 2014

Lush Shine So Bright Review


I picked up Shine So Bright a LONG time ago, it's been in my makeup bag since then and I literally just realized I never did a review on it. It comes in a cute little tin which makes it super easy to just throw in your purse for on-the-go use. Shine So Bright is a hair balm used for the purpose of mending split ends. I've always had a problem with split ends and breakage, so when I saw this I immediately wanted to give it a try. What also caught my attention was the ingredients- olive oil, coconut oil, shea butter and free range eggs, all notorious hair and skin healers. I'm a huge believer in coconut oil for just about anything, so the presence of coconut oil totally sold me. Aside from the main ingredients the product also contains rosewood, grapefruit, neroli, and orange flower to produce a pleasant smell. The consistency is comparable to Lush's solid perfumes. The tin is small, but I've literally had this stuff forEVER, so it has some longevity if you're concerned about the price in conjunction with how many uses you'll get.



What It Does:

Conditions dry hair & mends split ends

How To Use It:

Rub your index finger in the tin until the of the solid oil warms and liquifies on your finger, then rub your index finger and thumb together. Once your finger and your thumb have some oil on them, place the damaged hair in between & rub on!

Tips & Tricks:
This product is more for your ends, I don't even want to imagine the greasy mess you'd have for roots if you tried to use it up top. If I'm planning on using this on a lot of my ends I'll usually open the tin and hold it under a heat source ( blow dryer, electric heater, etc) for a few seconds- it liquifies quick but if you're using a lot relying on your fingers to warm it feels like it takes forever. This may go without saying, but just incase- if you're using a heat source please don't liquify the whole pot. I like to use this in the winter months, or when I've been using my flat iron (abusing my hair) more than usual. LASTLY, after you put this on your ends brush them- preferably with a boar bristle/ nylon bristle combo brush (Mason Pearson, anyone?), your hair will look shiny & healthy :) I wasnt really into this stuff at first, and I wouldn't consider it a "holy grail" hair item, but lately I've kinda been falling in love with it.

All Pictures in this post are my personal photos / some are from my Instagram account. Ig name: @_jessakay

2 comments:

  1. I read your reviews, and I love lush bath stuff! Do you know if lush had black frida or cyber Monday sales?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, and especially for commenting! I have a surprisingly larger view count for my blog than what I expected when I decided to blog- yet only a few comments! So again, thank you :) Anyway, I don't believe Lush is offering any in store sales for BF. I went last year and ended up buying a ton of stuff, but nothing was on sale-I just got carried away as usual ( the store will do that to you). I do know there is an "after Christmas" sale where they markdown all of their seasonal holiday products, you'll find much better prices then than on black Friday. Happy shopping!

      -Xox, Jessa

      Delete

Pageviews